Terms and Conditions
Article 1 – Definitions
The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
- customer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with the seller.
- Seller: the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to customers at a distance.
- Handler: the natural or legal person who handles the payment and shipping between the seller and customer.
- Cooling-off period: the period within which the customer can make use of his right of withdrawal.
- Duration transaction: a distance agreement with regard to a series of products and/or services, the delivery and/or purchase obligation of which is spread over time.
- Sustainable data carrier: any means that enables the customer or seller to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the customer to cancel the distance agreement within the cooling-off period.
- Distance agreement: an agreement whereby within the framework of a system organised by the seller for distance selling of products and/or services, until the conclusion of the agreement use is made exclusively of one or more techniques for distance communication.
Article 2 – Identity of the seller
Company name: Vørding Spirits B.V.
Address: Nieuwpoortkade 2a, 1055RX Amsterdam
Country: The Netherlands
Telephone number: +31 6 22981617
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT identification number: NL858380389B01
Article 3 – Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the seller and to every distance contract concluded between the seller and the customer.
- Before the distance agreement is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the customer. The general terms and conditions are made available to the customer electronically. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded where the general terms and conditions can be read electronically and that they will be sent free of charge electronically or otherwise at the request of the customer.
Article 4 – The offer
- If an offer has a limited duration or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the drinks offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the offer by the customer. The images of the products are a true representation. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the seller.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the customer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- the possible costs of delivery;
- the manner in which the agreement will be concluded and which actions are required for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal is applicable;
- the method of payment, delivery and implementation of the agreement;
- the way in which the customer, before concluding the agreement, can check the information provided by him in the context of the agreement and, if desired, restore it
Article 5 – The agreement
- The agreement is concluded at the moment the customer accepts the offer and meets the corresponding conditions.
- If the customer has accepted the offer electronically, the seller will immediately confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the seller has not confirmed receipt of this acceptance, the customer can terminate the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the seller will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the customer can pay electronically, the seller will take appropriate security measures.
- The agreement will be archived after the conclusion. When creating an account on vordingspirits.com, the personal order history will be visible.
- The seller has the following information publicly available on the site for consultation:
- the contact information where the customer can go with complaints;
- the conditions under which and the manner in which the customer can exercise the right of withdrawal;
- the information about guarantees and existing service after purchase;
- the invoice of the order
Article 6 – Right of withdrawal
- When purchasing products, the customer has the option of dissolving the contract for 14 days without giving any reason. This reflection period starts on the day following receipt of the product by the customer or his representative.
- During the cooling-off period, the customer will handle the product and the packaging with care. He will only unpack the product to the extent necessary to be able to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. Opened bottles or gift packaging are not subject to careful use and are not taken back. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with the original condition and packaging to the seller. If the customer makes use of his right of withdrawal, the costs of the return shipment are for his own account.
- If the customer has paid, the seller will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the return or cancellation.
Article 7 – The price
- The prices stated in the offer of products or services include 21% VAT, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products offered are not increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations (changes in VAT rates) or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the seller has stipulated this and they are the result of legal regulations.
Article 8 – Conformity and Warranty
- The seller guarantees that the products comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and usability and the legal provisions and government regulations existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement.
- A guarantee provided by the seller, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the customer can assert against the seller under the agreement.
Article 9 – Identity of the handler
Company name: Dorstlust B.V.
Address: Pretoriusstraat 1hs, 1092EW Amsterdam
Country: The Netherlands
Telephone number: +31 20 3707750
Email address: email@example.com
VAT identification number: NL859203724B01
Article 10 – Handling and delivery
- The seller will take the greatest possible care when receiving and when executing product orders.
- After completing the order, Dorstlust B.V. acts as a handling agent between seller and customer.
- The place of delivery is the address that the customer has made known to the company.
- The handler strives to deliver the accepted orders as soon as possible, in consultation with the customer, but at the latest within 14 days, unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the customer will be notified of this no later than 7 days after he has placed the order. In that case the customer has the right to terminate the agreement without costs.
- In the event of termination in accordance with the previous paragraph, the seller will refund the amount that the customer has paid as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after termination.
- The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the handler until the moment of delivery to the customer.
Article 11 – Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the customer must be paid via the payment option on the website vordingspirits.com.
- The payment option on vordingspirits.com is handled by Dorstlust B.V. and the total amount for the order is transferred to the Dorstlust B.V. bank account
- The customer is not entitled to the execution of the relevant order before the stipulated advance payment has been made, unless cash payment has been agreed upon delivery.
- The customer has the duty to immediately report inaccuracies in payment data provided or specified to the seller.
- In the event of non-payment on the part of the customer, the seller has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the customer reasonable costs incurred in advance.
Article 12 – Complaints
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted promptly, fully and clearly described to the seller, after the customer has found the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the seller will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the seller will respond within a period of 14 days with a message of receipt and an indication when the customer can expect a more detailed answer.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved in mutual consultation, a dispute arises that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
Article 13 – Disputes
- Agreements between the seller and the customer to which these general terms and conditions apply are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
Article 14 – Additional or different provisions
- Additional or deviating provisions from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the customer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored in an accessible manner on a durable medium.